Rights & Responsibilities
Rights of CSI Clients
- The right to be treated with respect and courtesy;
- The right to be treated fairly;
- The right to use a service that is managed well;
- The right to effective information and communication;
- The right to privacy;
- The right to participate in decisions;
- The right to be free from abuse and neglect;
- The right to withdraw from service;
- The right to provide feedback;
- The right to appeal in relation to any decisions made by CSI;
Client and Carer Responsibilities
In order to achieve the best possible support service, we ask that as a client of CSI you are aware of the following responsibilities:
- Allow a health and safety check of your home to ensure there are no hazards or risks that may accidentally harm you or the Support Worker and ensure a safe working environment.
- To provide accurate and complete information that CSI needs to ensure that you receive a good service
- For your own protection and the protection of Support Workers, please do not give out personal information about yourself that is not necessary (e.g., bank account details, account pin numbers etc).
- CSI Support Workers are not permitted to accept large gifts of goods or money from Clients. Please do not offer workers significant gifts of this kind.
- Please contact CSI if you would like to change when you wish the support worker to provide support to you. This helps us to know where our workers are and when the support arrangements have changed.
- Please treat Support Workers with respect & courtesy.
- Inform CSI if you have any concerns regarding the support being provided to you at any stage.
- Provide us with feedback on the services you receive so we can continually improve and learn more about what people like
- To not perform any immoral or illegal activity
- To develop and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with the Support Worker
- To not request services of the Support Worker that are not part of the funding arrangement
- To keep appointments with the Support Worker and inform CSI if unable to do so.
As a client of CSI, we will:
- Provide you with trained and qualified Support Workers who have passed our recruitment and screening process
- Treat you fairly and respect your rights
- Give you as much choice as possible about your service and support
- Support you to work towards your goals (e.g., taking part in the community)
- Provide you with a quality service
- Inform you of the process for providing feedback or complaints about your service
- Respond to your complaints
- Make sure you access the service you need
- Manage your services well
- Ensure your service is delivered safely and fulfils our duty of care to you
- Keep your information confidential
- Adhere to industry standards when providing services (e.g., National Standards for Disability Services)
Community Support Incorporated values and strives for mutually respectful relationships between the people who use our services and our employees. We are committed to providing a respectful service for the people we support as well as a respectful workplace where our employees feel they are safe, treated fairly and equitably. We are committed to ensuring our clients and our employees are treated with courtesy, mutual respect, and the promotion of diversity, human rights and collaborative working relationships.