Join our Team!
Community Support Inc is one of the largest employers of Support Workers in South Australia.
Our support worker team are highly valued for the important role that they play in assisting you to maintain your independence at home and in the community.
The qualified Support Workers employed by Community Support are required to meet a range of requirements including:
- A suitable qualification such as Certificate III Individual Support (previously known as Disability) or Certificate IV Mental Health. Relevant experience may be taken into account for specific roles if appropriate qualifications are not held.
- A current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Current Manual Handling Training
- A screening and background check undertaken by the SA Department of Human Services (formerly known as the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion)
- Successful completion of an induction program
- A data enabled Smart Phone
- A current driver’s licence
- A reliable vehicle
At Community Support we deliver support using an agreed set of values and behaviours. These values and behaviours are a reflection of what we consider important in undertaking our work.
Click here to read our Values and Behaviour statements.
Choose your own Support Worker
We can also work with you to employ someone who is already known to you who may not meet the standard qualification requirements of a Support Worker. If you know someone that you would like to deliver your supports, please contact us for further information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 8429 1200.
What our employees say about us
In our recent staff engagement survey, the feedback from our employees was outstanding.
Our entire team has a Culture of Ambition, which means we are innovative and ambitious for new and better ways of supporting our customers.
We have a very positive attitude as a team and we are working together to grow and improve our services every day.
Across the board, our Support Workers rate us significantly higher than the sector averages as an employer.
We are proud to be an employer of choice, and of our history of together delivering individualised support, long before the ideas of choice and control came to the forefront.
We are not sitting back though. We are still working hard to make Community Support an even better place to work.
View our vacancies below or click here to view in a new window.
Learn about our personalised in-home and community-based support services.
Support is delivered by people who are committed to you and won't let you down.