Data Breach for past employees
For Previous Employees
In December 2021 Community Support Inc was advised that some personal information from employees had been stolen from our old payroll provider, Chris21 (Frontier Software), during a cyber-attack. These records are from June 2011.
We’ve since analysed data provided by Frontier Software, which are the records stolen during the data breach. We have written to affected past employees but were not able to reach some of you. We have been advised that the following personal information may have been accessed:
Bank Account Name
Bank Account Number
Transaction amount for one pay fortnight from June 2011
Frontier Software have advised us that whilst the data has been accessed as a part of a ransom threat the data has not appeared on the dark web or any other locations as investigated by their Cyber security team. You should assume that your personal information, listed above, has been accessed during this cyber-attack. There are some simple steps you can take to reduce your risk of fraudulent activity:
• Change your banking password as soon as possible.
• If you use this password for anything else change the password to something new.
• Be alert to any emails, text messages or unsolicited calls from people requesting personal or account information, including access to devices – do not respond to any requests until you have made your own enquiries with the organisation they claim to be from.
• Review your bank account and bank statements regularly. If you notice any unusual activity report it immediately to your banking institution.
• Protect accounts with multi-factor authentication.
• Periodically review your personal payroll details and salary deductions
If you have any questions, please contact Community Support via email: [email protected] with the subject line- “CHRIS21 Data Breach”. If you need support, please contact our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) on 08 8377 5400 or email [email protected] to book an appointment. Once again, we apologise to all past staff affected and will continue to keep you informed if new information comes to light.