Rights & Responsibilities
We promise to provide personalised and professional disability services to lead your life, your way.
Our Promise to you
To provide personalised and professional services to lead your life, your way.
What we will do
- Review your services annually
- Treat you with respect and courtesy
- Ensure your legal and human rights are respected
- Treat you fairly
- Be polite and respect your views, opinions, personal circumstances and cultural beliefs.
- Provide support and care that recognises and acknowledges your preferences, choices, interests, cultural and sexual preferences and capabilities.
- Communicate openly and honestly in a timely manner;
- Protect your personal information and use it with your consent.
- Consult with you on decisions about how services and supports are provided to you
- We will ensure you receive quality person-centred care and support at all time
- Provide you with information and advice on other services and supports available to you.
- Always provide you with the opportunity to give us feedback
- Protect your privacy and confidential information as per the Australian Privacy Principles and the SA Government Information Sharing Guidelines for Promoting Safety and Wellbeing;
- Ensure our staff have the appropriate training to meet your daily living needs.
- Allow you the opportunity to use an advocate that promotes, protects and ensures you receive full and equal enjoyment of your Human Rights.
- We will ensure that we provide services that meet relevant industry standards such as National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013, Australian Consumer Law, the National Standards for Disability Services, The NDIS Code of Conduct, The NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission Practice Standards.
What you can do
- Inform Community Support Inc about how you wish the services and supports to be delivered to meet your needs;
- Provide Community Support Inc with accurate information about your health and support needs, and any changes that may occur during this service agreement;
- Complete all relevant consent forms to ensure Community Support Inc can provide the best service to you. These will be reviewed annually and updated;
- Treat Community Support Inc and its staff, representatives and volunteers with courtesy and respect, and understand that behaviour such as harassment, violence, abuse, aggression, theft or property damage is a breach of Community Support Inc’s values and will be managed appropriately;
- Provide a safe and risk-free environment for Community Support Inc staff to work within your home, including an environment free from cigarette smoke whilst our staff are present.
- Do not participate in any illegal activity while our staff are in attendance.
- Talk to Community Support Inc if you or your Representative have any concerns about the Services and Supports being provided by us.
- Give Community Support Inc at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, service or support
- Meet your contracted commitments to help us provide a better service to you .