Personal Information collected by Community Support Inc. is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Personal Information – Is any information that can be used to say who you are, like your date of birth, your address or your health.
Who does Community Support Inc. collect this information from – We collect information from you, your family, nominee, carers, staff and sometimes the doctor or government departments. We collect this information to help us provide the best support for you.
This Policy describes how we look after your information, why we collect the information, and who we are authorised or required by law to disclose it to.
We will only share your information if:
- You have said that it is ok,
- It’s for the reasons you gave it to us,
- We are required by law to share it.
Community Support will only collect the information that it needs to support you.
What do we do with your personal information?
- Provide you with a service based on the information you gave us.
- Inform our staff in how to support you and keep you safe.
- Provide information on how we support you to government authorities (if requested and you consent).
- Ensure you receive invoices and receipts when you purchase our services.
- Provide you with information about our services.
How do we keep your personal information?
- We keep your records on our internal systems or in secured storage.
- Personal information will not be shared with anyone without your permission.
- If we use your information for reporting, it will be in a form that does not identify you.
- At times we may be asked to share information about you as required by law.
- We will always make every attempt to protect your information.
- You can ask to see your personal information at any time. If the information requires updating, you may ask us to do this for you.
- If you are on our communication distribution lists, you can unsubscribe via our email or website.
For more information please contact us
Telephone – 08 8429 1200
Website – csisa.org.au
Email [email protected]